Friday, January 5, 2007

The Weekend Begins







I will start this off with one of my favorite Scriptures that I was able to find, it is very inspirational to me and helps when I have a hard day, or just going through a rough period:

Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

All I can say and this really helps me in a hard time, is when things are hard is too look to God and lay your burdens down and let him carry you. Don't let your burdens weigh you down, He is always there to carry you through anything. I have trouble remembering to do this, but when I do remember and get down on my knees and look to him, a great weight is lifted from my shoulders.

It is finally Friday. The husband is off work for the weekend, and we are taking down our Christmas decorations, which also calls for a thorough cleaning of the house since it will pretty much be torn apart, and will be packing up the decorations and have to unpack my regular decorations. It will be a rather busy weekend.

Kaitlynn and Justin actually got their glasses this afternoon, being 8 and 13 they were pretty anxious about getting them. Now to see how long these ones last. Unlike their little sister, they don't want their picture taken though.

Have been working away at my baby blanket for my new nephew that still has yet to make his arrival. He is really taking his time getting here. As long as he is healthy that is all that matters, mommy is starting to now get irritatble and quite uncomfortable. So keeping them both in our prayers that all goes well for them.

I did manage to get some pictures of my on going projects.

First is my squares for our seasons afghan swap at Lullabies and Lace:


I have managed to get four done so far and am working on my fifth. My challenge is going to be to decide who gets which one, hmmm.










This picture is of my progress on my baby blanket for new nephew when he gets here:

I am doing it in Bernat Baby Soft, variegated blue, solid blue and white. I am little more than half way done.











This picture is of a blanket for my nephew Dakota that I have been stalling on for some time now. It is a MOEZ graphghan that I designed with PcStitch. As you can see I am not that far on it, but will pick it back up and hopefully have it done in time for his b-day in July.














That is pretty much about it, until I do some more testing at Lullabies :)

Today I also managed to remind myself how to do HTML and add to my Angel's Place website which is a memorial to our son that we lost in 1995. I have also decided that this years resolution is that I am going to begin making small blankets and gowns for preemies and parents that have experienced losses like we have and donate them to our local hospitals. I have a blanket that was given to us, when we lost little Steven and also a gown that he is in, because of someone that cared enough to create items like this. And I have decided that it is now time for me to help someone and give back.

Well it is now Story time and my little stinker bug is getting antsy because she knows it's close to bed time so I will sign off for the evening.

Have a good night all.

2 comments:

LadySnow said...

Looks like you have been very busy as well.

Crochetingangel said...

Yes things have been pretty busy around here, usually my weekends are. And getting my crochet things done. Almost done with that blanket, just need the baby to go with it :)